The Boyle Street Community League is a member of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues.
BSCL Board of Directors
Candas Jane Dorsey, President
Hijal De Sarker, Vice President
Jordan Reineger, Treasurer
Martina Iseghohi, Director
Ron Allen, Director
Sharon Ruyter, Secretary
Mission and Vision
Mission: To strengthen community ties in Boyle Street through civic advocacy and grassroots initiatives that serve to unite our diverse neighbourhood behind a distinct and positive community identity.
The Boyle Street Community League:
- Has a broad, diverse and growing local membership
- Fosters a culture of inclusion where the gifts of all neighbours are celebrated and actualized
- Informs, consults and acts as a hub for community conversation
- Has an effective governance board guided by a clear vision
- The Boyle Street neighbourhood has a dynamic and vibrant community life.
- Boyle Street takes pride in its identity and others take notice.
What We Do
The Boyle Street Community League helps to build a strong community by acknowledging and responding to the needs of our members.
- We are the voice of the community with City Hall.
- We organize and provide cultural and fitness programs for people of all ages.
- We organize fun events throughout the year.
Sources of Funding
- Membership fees
- Applying for grants from the city of Edmonton and the province of Alberta
- Hosting a casino approximately every 18 months
Board Meetings are held every second Tuesday of each month at Boyle Street Plaza At 6pm.
The board may be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org